Perfection | Maham's wandering mind | Poetry

Poetry by Maham's wandering mind: Perfection.

Due to many things going on around me, some of which included me and some even did not but they were affecting me equally, I was not focused completely.

And because of the same reason, I have been evidently inactive on my blog as well. It's not because I was lazy to post anything. I have been reading a lot since this pandemic started but just couldn't bring myself to write anything good enough to post here. Although, I have written a few notes or phrases I should say but they did not seem "perfect". So I always ended up putting them down and chose to post nothing at all. But if I look back now, I find myself at loss.
I should have posted at least something, not because my page's algorithm has gotten down and I have lost followers but because this blog is like my diary - containing all my good and bad notes, at which I can look back anytime I doubt myself and embrace the growth I've made over time. And this loss of time is owed to this thrive for "Perfection".

"Nobody is perfect", we always say yet strive daily to become one. And this useless effort consumes us the most, makes us insecure all the time and forces us to let things go, infects our minds with doubts and fears of what bad could happen instead of focusing on what benefits it can bring. So from today, let's promise to allow ourselves to be imperfect, to exist as human being and make mistakes to learn from them. Let's allow ourselves to not do everything perfectly, but whole heartedly. Let's allow ourselves to not to thrive for perfection and take the most out of each moment and enjoy the process of becoming better day by day.

And above all - let's allow ourselves to live, instead of merely existing.



Comments

Popular Posts