Poetry | I live alone


All alone under this roof, I went with my hustle
Sometimes the noise came from the kitchen and the bushes, 
but I never gave my ear. 
The mirrors of my room were always clean,
reflecting me groomed.
I felt zinged and got away with the hue.
Never did any chore, but still got everything I adored 
I never wondered why, this is how it works, I just supposed. 
I was never deprived of anything in my world
Until one day, when I came home 
and found everything upside down. 
After all those years of pretending to be alone, 
My wish had finally came true. 
But soon the air went down, throwing me to the ground. 
It was the moment when the guilt got all over me. 
and soon, the hollowness engulfed me. 
I even replayed those memories in my head, trying to fix my mistakes but there is nothing left so it was in vain. 
Today, after years of pretending to be alone
I cry every night, under her shadow, as if she's still by my side. 
But she still caress my hair, kisses my cheeks, 
and I still feel her warmth. 
Now I never say I live alone 
As she's always by my side 
I love how people can't see her 
as she's, only mine. 

Comments

Popular Posts