Amazing quotes from Kafka on the shore | Haruki Mukarami | Maham reviews


Sometimes when you are reading some words appear in the story which remind you of the some experience you have had in the past or the words which feel like voicing your deepest unaddressed desires; the words that speak on your behalf to the world.

Some may even be the heavenly advises you need for your successful life. And such words literally move you. They stick with you the whole time and even maintain their impact on your life for a great time. 

Same happened with me during the journey through Kafka on the shore by Japanese author, Haruki Murakami. So with the hope that they would also have same impact on you, I am sharing my favorite quotes from the book. Enjoy and don't worry about the spoilers, I have tried to pick the non-spoiler ones.

1.

Image Source: Maham Amir

"What I am always so tensed about? Why this desperate struggle just to survive? I shake my head and turn away from the window, clear my mind of thoughts of hundred years away. l will just think about now. About books waiting to be read in the library, machines in the gym I have worked out on. Thinking about anything else won't get me anywhere."

2. 

"Compared to those faceless hordes of people rushing through the train station, these crazy, preposterous stories of hundred years ago are, at least to me, much more real."


3.
Image Source: Maham Amir

If I listen to some utterly perfect performance by some utterly perfect piece while I a m driving, I might want to close my eyes and die right away. But listening to D major, I can feel the limits of what humans are capable of - that certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect. 


4.
Image Source: Maham Amir


"It is all a question of imagination. Our responsibility begins with the power to imagine."


5. 
Image Source: Maham Amir


"You can't look too far ahead and you will lose sight of what you are doing and stumble. I am not saying you should solely focus on detail right in front of you, mind you. You've got to look ahead a bit or else you will bump into something. You have got to conform to certain order and at the same time keep an eye out for what's ahead. That's critical, no matter what you're doing."


6.
Image Source: Maham Amir

In everybody's life, there is a point of no return. And in very few cases, there is a point when you cannot go forward any more. And when we reach that point, all we can do is quietly accept it. That's how we survive. 


7. 
Image Source: Maham Amir

"The pure present is ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory." 


7. 
Image Source unknown.

"Things outside you are the projections of what's inside you, and what's inside you is a projection of what's outside. so when you step into labyrinth outside you, at the same time you're stepping into the labyrinth inside" 


8. 
"Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart."

9.
Image Source: Maham Amir


"Symbols are important. They guide us to the roles we play."

10.


"No matter how much money you accumulate, you can't buy time."

11.


"That's what love is all about. You are only one having those wonderful feelings, but you have to go it alone as wander through dark your mind and body have to bear it all. All by yourself."

12.


"Everyone of us is losing something precious to us. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back again. That's the part of what it means to be alive."

13.


"Closing your eyes isn't going to change anything. Nothing's going to disappear just because you can't  see what's there. In fact, things will even be worse the next time you open your eyes. Closing your eyes and plugging your eyes won't make the time still."



So, these are some of my favorite quotes from the magical realism enriched book, whose review you can read here. Meanwhile, do let me know in the comments by which one you got actually touched?

Comments

  1. 6,11,12 touched my heart.
    These are beautiful quotes. I just feel them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts