Are you a Loner or Social?


In the past few weeks I was trying to spend less time on social media and more on myself which includes reading, working out and spending time with family. 
But honestly, I've been focusing more on reading and due to that, I had to hear some comments about me being a loner which I've heard and ignored trillions of times before, but it hit me weirdly this time because all those labeling me are the ones who are always on their phones when you meet them. In simple words, are social media addicts. Another funny thing desi people usually say to the readers that "You're always studying, go and get a life"

So, I just want to politely acknowledge them that when you read a book, you live the lives of all the characters at the same time and learn lessons which can't be learned in any class. And imagine how many lives a reader have lived after reading several books and people after excusing their minds from theirs social media accounts for only a moment, start putting readers down. Moreover, reading books, novels, poetry is one way of learning about life and world around us which is peculiar from studying specific subject only.

And unfortunately, the concept of self love is still neither familiar nor appreciated much in our society. Therefore, people easily label you as a loner if you refuse to go to any gathering or demand some time out for yourself. I understand, our culture is very beautiful and family gatherings are essential to keep it and the love alive. But, missing one out of hundred gatherings won't hurt anyone because mental stability is still far more useful and valuable than any family member. Don't you think?

And similarly, communicating with your mind always elsewhere doesn't make you any social. So, living in the moment is what matters and this is what should be appreciated.

For that reason, instead of forcing anyone to do anything, we should try to understand what is good for them. And don't worry about "Log kiya kahain gy".
Logo ko "Ek hi zindagi hay achay say jiyo" say "Thora prhlety to aj kisi achay mukaam par hoty" tak janay my waqt nai lgta.
So, do what you feel is best for your growth and mental stability and don't let anyone define you.


Have you ever faced such things?
If yes then I'd love to know how you coped with such comments?

Comments

Popular Posts